Monday 24 February 2014

Top Picks from LFW

Now, with New York, I struggled to hone down my top picks. I'm trying to be more strict with this post so that it doesn't drag on, but it was even harder with London. I think during the week, through lectures and seminars, I wrote down another designer's name every hour on the hour. 
Favourites I haven't managed to squeeze in include Holly Fulton, Giles, Temperley, Matthew Williamson, Markus Lupfer and Ashish (those light up buffalo trainers take me back) but enough is enough. These picks are based on what appeals to my fashion sensibilities...with a touch of what I dream of wearing if I was a little bit braver. 



Huishan Zhang - My absolute top pick. Relatively new on the block, Zhang is known for his ultra-delicate creations, but I love the mussed up edge with the hair and lace stockings. I wanted to include every single look from the collection, but just about narrowed it down to these two party looks. 


Mary Katrantzou - I also wanted to include every look from this collection. The queen of print subtly infused shimmering slices of the stuff into a cool, slightly preppy outfits, although this photo doesn't do the variety of the clothes justice. One day, I'll own some Katrantzou. 


Marques Almeida - Denim, cape, fur collar, set. 


Mark Fast - I'm mainly a big fan of this because it seems like a fashionable way to leave the house in my dressing gown. 


Tom Ford - Never too much leopard, and all the better for a touch of the Essex-girl with those white patent boots and fishnets.


Preen by Thornton Bregazzi - I just really, really want this Parka in all its minty green glory. 


Pringle of Scotland - Once known for its argyle knits, Pringle has seriously pulled it out of the bag with its techy new knitwear. I couldn't let London get away without a polo neck and this is one of the greatest yet. 


Topshop Unique - This is the coat that had everyone talking. Coloured fur (/faux fur) is clearly going to be a big trend for AW14 as it has stampeded the runway in every city so far, Milan is no exception. Not sure I could pull this off but perhaps a toned down version...


Giles - This 60s combination of pastels, tartan and Doc Martens will never get old. The opaque tights make it. 


House of Holland - Again, another collection I struggled to whittle down to just one look. This outfit would be perfect for a Christmas party, shimmering, flattering but with a cheeky bit of tummy on show, and fab orange shoes to throw it all into focus. 


(Not sure I can keep all of this up for Milan and Paris too...I'm supposed to be getting a degree at some point... I may have to learn to be more ruthless for the final two installments)

No comments:

Post a Comment