Thursday 20 March 2014

Belated Top Picks from PFW

I know fashion week ended ages ago, but while I'm willing to let Milan slide (fashion blasphemy), I couldn't ignore Paris. I've been hibernating under a pile of essays so now am playing catch up. I've picked my top 3 from Paris: Chloe, Isabel Marant and Louis Vuitton. These collections were my favourites because a) they were clothes I want to wear and b) the embody cool, Parisian chic. I feel like if i could ever own any of these clothes I could pretend to be French. And if my fairy godmother would like to send the entire Isabel Marant collection my way, seasonally, that would be totally A-OK.



Chloe - Who knew tan leather culottes could work? Not I. And if I were of supermodel proportions I'd definitely consider investing in a pair. I really love the exaggerated midi-lengths of all the pieces, I think perhaps the first outfit is a little Philo-inspired with the draped sweater. Luxe loungewear. 




Isabel Marant - This designer can do no wrong in my eyes. I like the sports-girl approach to outerwear, and the billowing tartan trousers. A little bit of English heritage mixed with Parisian chic.




Louis Vuitton - I think we can safely say boy done good to Nicholas Guesquieres for his first collection for the big-guns fashion house that is Louis Vuitton. Stepping into Marc Jacobs very big shoes, he brought his signature inverted silhouettes and cropped, sharp proportions from Balenciaga to the fore, yet the preppy result is still ultra feminine. I also appreciate the nod to a 70s colour pallette. All very slick but very cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment